Assesor of MICONS
- Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Cuba
He is graduated on Architecture in 1955 at the University of Havana. Author of the Conversion of Moncada Headquarter into a School in 1960. Planned and directed the construction of 25 rural hospitals in the most intricate zones of eastern Cuba in the 60's. He was Director of Architecture and Planning in the East, and later founding Director of the Institute of Physical Planning. He received the "Armando Mestre" Medal and an award from the Foundation Fernando Ortiz. He was the Representative of Cuba at the International Council of Building seated in Holland, where he was elected as Member of its Management Bureau. He was also Director of the Centre for Construction Research and Experimentation of the Ministry of Construction (MICONS). He was also Deputy Minister of Construction Ministry for several years. Together with the architect Quintana he built the Cosmonaut House in Varadero, the Convention Center, the building on F and Malecon, Tan Loi Hotel in Hanoi, among many others. He received a PhD in Technical Sciences with specialization in Construction in 1987. He was the author of the design, development and application of hollow concrete slabs of which there are numerous buildings in Cuba. He organized and participated in the installation of plants for housing. He was the author of several projects of construction technologies introduced in the Ministry of Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR). He is member of the National Union of Architects and Civil Engineers of Cuba (UNAICC). He is assistant Senior Professor and Assistant Researcher at the Faculty of Architecture of the University Center José Antonio Echeverria (CUJAE).